Baby Carrier Review Pt. 2

Monday, January 1, 2018

In 2015 I did a baby carrier review of every carrier I had used up until that point. Well, I'm still obsessed and have tried a few more since then so it's time for an update!


nursing in the wrap!
Solly Baby Wrap
I mentioned this one in my last post, but since I used it so much with Riah, it merits its own section. After getting dressed, I would just wrap it to have it ready. And just wore it like that for basically 3 months straight. It was perfect for us. My mom got me this pretty orange one too! These photos were made for Lactation Link. It was great for nursing too. By 3 or 4 months, she wasn't loving being in the wrap anymore. We switched to the Ergobaby 360 with her facing out and she was so happy about that! She had a phase where she really only wanted to face out. When she was old enough to ride on my back, she liked that too.

Ergobaby Performance Ventus
This is probably my favorite carrier. We have had it for about 2 years and I don't see me passing it along at any point. I love the tall panel, it allows it to be used well into toddlerhood. The mesh is of course great for summer and really anytime because let's face it, two bodies being pressed together and it gets hot any time of year! I highly recommend this one. But it's probably best once baby is a bit taller since the panel is so tall. You can, of course, use it from birth with an insert. I reach for this one the most.



Ergobaby Adapt
I borrowed this one from my local Babywearing International Group when Riah was a few months old. I really, really like this one. If you are going to get an Ergo, get this one. You can use it from birth without an insert. That makes such a difference! One less thing to carry around and much less hot. I was sad to have to give that one back when my month was up. It's very similar to the Original Ergo in all other ways and I definitely recommend it. These photos were made for Lactation Link too.

Fidella Ring Sling
I really wanted to like this! With 3 kids, all the buckles and straps of a SSC (soft structured carrier) was getting to be a bit much, I wanted something I could put Riah in really quickly. So I borrowed a super nice one from my BWI group again and I just didn't love it. Even though she was only a few weeks old and super light, it was still achey on that one shoulder. Sad. Some people really love ring slings though. That's why it's so nice to be able to try them out before you buy! Everyone is so different.

K'tan
This is a great wrap for little babies and for moms who are overwhelmed with all the wrapping needed for a Solly or Moby. My sister passed her's down to me and I use it as a back-up and love recommending it. Wish I had a photo to share!

Fidella Fly Tai
After Riah grew out of my Solly Baby, I really wanted a pretty wrap again! I have been drooling over the Fly Tai for awhile and when they came out with this print, I snatched it up fast! Tying the ends in pretty ways was fun for a time but it's just not me. It really only made sense for me to tie it at home because I didn't want the long tails getting dirty out and about. And what's a pretty wrap if no one can see it? ;) Aaaaand I don't find it particularly comfy. I find myself unwrapping it and grabbing the Ventus. I could use some more practice with it. I think I will give it another chance. Also, the hood is really short. Bridger has to help me with it when Riah is on my back. I keep this one in hopes of another and final Parr baby :) And we have used it as a hammock under the kitchen table:)


Tula (Standard size)
I saw this one on a local classified listing and I just bought it kind of on a whim! Everyone says if you love Ergo and try a Tula, you will never go back to Ergo. I haven't been convinced of that yet. The straps are a bit wider and puffier but I really haven't noticed a huge difference. I still switch between this one and my Ventus the most. Also, the hood is really short. Bridger has to help me with it when Riah is on my back. I'm noticing a pattern here! I think Tula's new Free to Grow has a better hood. But Ergo has the best hoods! Nate pictured here with the Tula too but he prefers the Ergobaby Performance too.

Wish List:
The good news is I got everything I listed on my wish list last time...so maybe that will happen again ;) Riah is old enough now that I really don't need anymore but...

It would be great to have a soft-structured carrier that is really floppy and soft...like a wrap conversion! Not sure which one yet though...

And I still think they are beautiful, but my experience with the Fly Tai has taught me that I'm not one for a woven...yet! ;) But really, I need quick ups and the wovens just seem like too much work for me! However, I am really drooling over these traditional African wraps that Ms. Wright is selling.

Okay, last one. I have no use for them since I don't like wovens or ring slings, but Kantha Bae wraps just have me drooling all the time. Maybe I'll save up for one of her quilts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger