Adventures: Crawford Draw

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nate has been talking about some slot canyons in southern Utah and we finally got to go the last day my family was here. After about a 3 hour drive, we arrived in a big...field...of desert. Where in the world were the canyons?

**All photos by Kacey Aukema 

After walking in an area like this for about a hundred yards, we came across what you see in the next photo!

Crawford Draw

I think I say this every time we find a new place, but I've never seen anything like this! It's amazing! Photos don't really do it justice.

This just might have been just the perfect time to go since the water was frozen. Any earlier in the year we would need water gear. Any later in the season and it would be full of snow!

Yep, I've got that hot headband again!


While most slot canyons in southern Utah are "technical", or require ropes and extra gear, this one does not. We just found an easy spot to hop in and out and explored to our hearts' content!


Nate teaching us a geology lesson :)

I'm so glad we got to share this with our family. I am always amazed at the beauty of God's creations, even it what seems the most desolate of places. 

P.S. If you are interested in visiting Crawford Draw, Tom's Canyoneering Guide is a good resource.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger