When do you stop being parents?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My adult development & aging professor would argue that parents never stop parenting. 
Even when their kids move across the country. Even when their kids get married and think they're all grown up. They don't stop being parents. They still give us advice. They still give us love. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

After telling my mom and dad about the changes in our life plan, they gave me such wonderful encouragement. I just love 'em! 

Silly photo at the wedding by the lovely Kristen Stone.

Mama: "Well, just look at far y'all have come! Just the other day I was vacuuming and thinking how just a year ago we were planning a wedding! And now look at y'all! You're married and growing together and almost done with school!"

Daddy (commenting on the job offer I did not get): "Well! I would have picked you over a hundred other applicants! My Lacey would have done a great job!"

Thanks Mama and Daddy. I don't think y'all know how much you help me every stinkin' day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger