To Hear a Prophet's Voice

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Source: google.com via Ashley on Pinterest

Today we were privileged to have our prophet on campus for the weekly devotional. President Monson is a wonderful man whom I know to be modern-day prophet of God. Here are some of my favorite things from his talk:
  • We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
  • Study the scriptures. Come to know for yourself that the Book of Mormon is true.
    • This is something that has become a pattern lately in my life. I need to study and learn from the scriptures, not just read them.
  • When you choose to follow Christ, you choose to be changed. And changed men and women can change the world [Quote from Ezra Taft Benson]
  • And my favorite part is when he quoted The Lion King: "Look inside yourself. You are more than who you have become. Remember who you are. Remember."
I loved seeing the Marriott Center completely full of students who wanted to listen to our prophet. I had planned to just watch it online since I knew it would be packed and uncomfortable. But I graduate in December. When is the next time I will be in the same room as a prophet? I did have to walk through the rain and it was crowded, but I don't regret going. The Spirit filled the room as he entered. Once again, I am reminded of our Heavenly Father's love for us. What a beautiful day. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger