Gardening beginnings

Monday, May 6, 2013

For some reason I got the idea in my head that I needed to start my first real garden from seed. Why not? Stick em in the dirt, add water, add sunlight and BOOM, homegrown food.

No. That is not how it works. At least for me. This has just been a big old classic fail.

 I started with such enthusiasm. Planted this whole flat and dutifully watered and kept them by our big glass door which faces south.

And now I am down to these 5 pea plants.


And these until today. Now they're dead or dying too.

Nooooowwww I know why nurseries and greenhouses do what they do. Now I know why every gardener I know buys the plant from the nursery.

So I dumped the old plants and started again. I've got the seeds, so why not? I'm trying a few more things and we'll see what happens.

If they all fail (most likely scenario), the nursery is in walking distance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger