The lake

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The night before we moved into our new place, we got our key and then explored what would be our new neighborhood, down here by the lake. We found a dirty beach. We wrinkled our noses. But we looked past the beach and saw a lake sunset that was just said to us, "you'll like it here." We saw some of the ice breaking up and Nate lamented that he wasn't paddling through it. Seeing the reeds and the ice and the vastness of the water made me itch a little to hear the dip of my own paddle in the water. Nate doesn't believe that I actually like kayaking. But I do. I'm proving it right now by shopping around for a (used) one. I want to feel the burn in my arms and the closeness of the water.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger