Purpose

Monday, January 7, 2013

As this new year begins, I would like to make a note about this blog. I started this blog over three years ago in hopes that it would prevent boredom at my student job. I blogged on and off with no real purpose. I started more frequent posts after Nate and I got married. I thought I had more to share. I also began reading lots of blogs at that point. I was so intrigued by their creativity, I mirrored or matched their content on my own blog. In the last several months I have grown tired of this pattern. I like to think that I am a creative person. I have my own things to share.

And so this year, my blogging resolution is to publish my own content which I believe to be beautiful or useful. In the past, I have shared some of our adventures and I am excited to continue that. I will also share about books or authors I am enjoying. As well as good food choices here and there. Another theme you might notice is motherhood. My role as a mother consumes me (in a good way) and I imagine it will become a more frequent topic here. And I would like to write more in hopes of becoming a better writer. Other than that, I don't have any real goals. But I promise to not blog simply for blogging's sake. I promise to publish content (perhaps sporadically) that is beautiful and/or useful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger