The latest on my uterus and its current occupant

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

We are sitting, waiting and wishing this baby would come sooner rather than later! Last week at my 38 week appointment, I was dilated to one centimeter but my midwife described my cervix as "stubborn." She suggested an herbal remedy if I was interested. I thought, "why not?" It can't hurt! So I've been taking evening primrose oil daily as well as a cup of raspberry leaf tea. (In addition to my prenatal vitamin of course).

The tea tastes exactly like what it is, leaves. After the third time it wasn't so bad though. I just kind of chug it down now. And apparently it is working because today when my midwife checked my cervix, she had a hard time finding the hole because it was so soft. Score!

She also did a membrane strip (although I like the term membrane sweep better). Basically she separated my  cervix from my uterus to release my prostaglandins which can induce labor. This was more painful than I had really prepared myself for. But I'm about to give birth, so maybe I should just get used to pain! 3 out of 8 patients who have a membrane sweep go into labor as a result. We'll see. Fingers crossed! The carseat base is installed in the car and my bags are packed just in case tonight is the night!

Also, apparently my due date is not August 6, but August 4. That's this Saturday! 3 days away!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck lady:) You will be a great Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you were right?! The 4th! woot. You are gonna have a babe in arms so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you!! Being a mom is the greatest! It's so fun that all of us are having babies so close together. keep us updated on the gibby vine! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!! Bring on the baby!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger