How We Planned Our Wedding: Part II

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Making our invitations was really fun! Well, mostly. Thanks for allowing me to reminisce a little bit about our wedding! (Click here for Part I of this series). Here are some images that inspired me:



We actually ended up making our own! Nate is pretty savvy with Adobe Illustrator, so we thought we could save some money by having him create them. We worked on the design concept together. This was actually really stressful. I don't know why, but we both got incredibly frustrated with the process. It was a stressful time in general! 

We took the final image to Office Depot and they printed and cut the actual invitations for a pretty good price. I did the inserts using some of Ruffled's printables on Word and then had them printed and cut at our campus printing location. That was a mistake. I should have taken them to Office Depot as well. 

But I remember as we packaged each one just squealing with delight because they looked so perfect. They turned out even better than I imagined. 



 All wrapped up!

P.S. Here is our Save the Date that I created on Picnik. I used an image from our engagements, taken by Kelli Brown.


Has anyone else tackled their own invitations? While it was frustrating at times, we loved being able to say that we did them ourselves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger