Holiday Weekend Update

Saturday, July 9, 2011





We had a little cook-out on the 4th with our friends Holly & Morgan and cousins Clay & Haley. We tried to make it all-American with bacon burgers cooked over charcoal! It was a little adventure since we've haven't grilled with charcoal in years...but they were goooood! Thanks Nate for manning the grill! We filled up with yummy watermelon and broccoli salad too!


I had a slight crisis that morning because I realized I only had half of the fruit trifle recipe. Luckily Mom and Nanny were available to coach me through the rest! I think this is one of those recipes that takes years of experience to make perfectly beautiful. But I think it tasted pretty good!

We ended the night with a truly American movie, The A-Team at Holly & Morgans'. And then we forgot about the sparklers. Oh well. We'll just have to have another party :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger