Home

Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm ready for wide open spaces
I'm ready for a dirt road
for the sound of hooves
pounding out the rhythm of my heart
I'm ready to lean into the southern heat
for a humid breeze to braid my hair
To fall into my mother's arms
to see my dad smile
to see him push his hat back
and scratch his head
To have a healthy nephew sweat and sleep in my arms
To hear Randi say, "I wuv you Yacey!"
To see Mitzi's nose scrunch in laughter
To see Mandi twirl her hair
To see Kacey roll his eyes
To really see the stars
To taste the morning dew
To run barefoot through a hayfield
To jump into warm pond water
To hear the coyotes welcome the midnight train
To smell homemade bread
To watch my Daddy's corn pop up in rows
To see the oaks blur into sight
I'm ready to be home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger