Food: Homemade Pumpkin Puree

Monday, October 29, 2012

Since reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, I am excited about making some changes in the way I think about food. I'll talk about some more specifics tomorrow, but for now I thought I would share my experience with making my own pumpkin puree. I used Ree Drummond's recipe.

The prep was a little harder than I thought it would be! I guess my pumpkin was a little too big! The guy at the pumpkin patch convinced me to buy a big huge one. Next time I'll try a little one like in her recipe. 

 I worked my poor blender to the bone. She is a tough one but this was no fruit smoothie. 

 Don't forget to save the pumpkin seeds! Can't wait to roast them :)


**I used this puree to make pumpkin bread this weekend and it turned out great! It was just as good or better than the canned stuff!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger