Book Reviews: Half Broke Horses

Monday, September 24, 2012


Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls.

You might know Jeannette Walls for her best-selling memoir, The Glass Castle. Half Broke Horses was written in response to readers' questions after reading The Glass Castle. I haven't read The Glass Castle yet, but it's on my hold list at the library now!

Anyway, onto Half Broke Horses. I couldn't put it down! It's full of adventure and great life lessons. I kept telling Nate while I was reading that we needed to move to a ranch! The author creates a very authentic voice which made me wish I could meet the real Lily Casey Smith.  This should go under the new girl heroes list, along with Beryl Markham. Obviously, I highly recommend it.

P.S. Great video about the book with the author.


image via google.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger