This week was a success

Friday, February 10, 2012

simply because of this salsa.

You see, I've never made salsa. Seemed intimidating. What on earth was I thinking? This recipe was the easiest. I added a few of the jalapeno seeds and a bit more salt and it was perfect. We didn't have any chips so we just fried up slices of the flour tortillas we had on hand. (I glanced at this recipe to make sure I didn't ruin 'em!) Perfect nighttime snack.

Also, I took a nap yesterday after subbing and Nate woke me up by gently shoving some cookie batter in my mouth. He knows how to keep the Grumpy Lacey away after waking up :)


Quick tip: the last time I made cookies, I realized in the middle of the recipe that we didn't have any eggs. With some quick research, we found that 2 tablespoons of cornstarch can be replaced for 1 egg in cookies. Sweet. And now we can eat all the cookie dough we want without any worries about salmonella. :)

Have a happy weekend!

1 comments:

  1. I need to try that recipe! I also need to tell Clay about the cookie dough, haha, that would work great on me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger