Book Review: Sarah's Key

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I hope everyone has had a very merry Christmas! We have enjoyed having my family visiting and all the adventures we've had so far! Now that everything is slowing down a little bit as the holidays end, I'll be posting regular again. First up is a quick book review. Maybe you can squeeze this one in before the holidays really end.


Due to Erika's urging, I recently read Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. As usual with a good book, I devoured it in a matter of days (during finals, no less!). It's deeply personal and surprisingly real. The events surrounding the fictional story are indeed factual and will make your jaw drop. Ever since middle school, I have been fascinated with WWII and the Holocaust. This only intensified my interest and shock in the brutalities of this devastating period of human history. I found it deeply sad and yet triumphant at the same time. It follows two stories at once and is written in a way that does not confuse the reader. I highly recommend it!

Tip: Keep your French to English Google Translator handy! Watch the movie trailer here. I plan on renting it very soon!

3 comments:

  1. They have the movie available in redbox for a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good. have you read the book thief?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandi, I got it for Christmas! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger