Roasted Peppers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011


Last week at Costco, I bought of bag of peppers simply because the colors were so bright and happy. The only time I ever eat peppers is in a stir-fry. But thanks to Pinterest, I was able to mix it up a little. I found this recipe and then tweeked it to fit the ingredients we had at home. This is my kind of recipe because you can totally improvise on the seasoning. Just go with what you like/have on hand! And this was seriously amazing! I ate two peppers myself! Then I made it again the next day! I can't tell you how delicious it was, you'll just have to try it! :)

Here's what we did:

Ingredients:
2 bell peppers (the first photo shows four, but I only needed 2 for us)
garlic salt
pepper
(about) 2 T of olive oil
1/2 C of shredded cheese

Directions:
Core peppers to remove seeds. Then cut into fourths or fifths. Place in a medium sized bowl and then toss with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper. (I honestly didn't measure any of this, just lightly covered each pepper.)


Arrange on a lightly greased pan with the skin down. Bake at 425 for about 15-20 minutes or until soft. Then add cheese and broil for about 5 more minutes or until the peppers are slightly charred. Then enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger