How to Ripen Peaches

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I recently mentioned this method of ripening peaches aaaand it works!

I loosely wrapped some rock-solid peaches in a thin cotton towel and set them in our pantry.
I checked them every day or so to make sure they weren't rotting.

Two of them only took about 3 days, but the other two took about 4 days.
If you try this, keep an eye on them because I bet the temperature can affect them quite a bit. Our pantry is a little warmer than the rest of the house, probably about 77 degrees.

I was so excited to have fresh and juicy peaches yesterday! I sucked the meat right off the pit yall! And our house smelled like my mother's kitchen in the summer!

P.S. Have you seen my mom's peach recipes?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger