People I Love: Papa

Monday, March 21, 2011


This weekend I flew home to be with my family and attend the funeral for my grandfather Papa.
It has been a bittersweet time to say the least.
He was a unique and loved man.
I will always be grateful that I grew up so close to him.
He was an incredible example of love and hard work.

I have marveled at the hundreds of people who have come to visit my Nanny and show their love and respect to our beloved Papa.
He literally touched each of their hearts.
He knew no stranger and changed so many lives.
I hope he knows how much we really care about him.

Like he told my dad just a few weeks before he died,
"There are better days ahead!"

1 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest post Lacey, I hope you are enjoying your time home even under these circumstances. Give your grandma a tight hug from me:) See you soon love.

    ReplyDelete

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger