26 Rules for my Unborn Daughters

Friday, December 3, 2010

The entirety of this semester I have slowly made this list during the most boring parts of class lectures. I was inspired by "1001 Rules for my Unborn Son" (google it). There is no magic about the number 26. That's how many lines were on my sheet of notebook paper.

1. Make Church a priority
2. Prayerfully study the scriptures daily
3. Family before friends. Period.
4. Velvet is never an option, for anything.
5. Really study history and other cultures.
6. Make me take you to another country before you graduate high school.
7. Go camping with your dad.
8. Accept apologies graciously.
9. Let your guy friends teach you how to shoot pool. Take it seriously.
10. No kisses on the first date...or the second or third!
11. Find a hobby you love and become an expert.
12. Let me help you learn how to cook.
13. When in Canada, take off your shoes as you enter a home.
14. Don't dye your hair.
15. Let your dad teach you how to fish.
16. Four seasons and road trip. Then you can decide to get married.
17. No short skirts. No exceptions.
18. Don't demand a big ring.
19. Be observant.
20. Experiment with tie-dye.
21. Leggings should never be worn as an alternative to pants.
22. Ugg boots should be avoided at all costs.
23. Don't be afraid to wear hats.
24. Learn his love language.
25. Actively support the real-life issues you care about.
26. Forgive and forget the pain.

As I make more, I'll categorize them into subject areas and age-appropriate sections. What would you add?

1 comments:

  1. I knew the "no leggings as pants" rule would be on there- and you didn't disappoint! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger