Manual Labor

Tuesday, July 7, 2009


My dad announced this weekend that my vacation of lounging about doing not much of anything had ended. So I started work with him today in the beautiful state of Georgia! We were supposed to leave Monday afternoon, but after several mishaps we finally got on the road at 1am this morning! After four bumpy hours on the road, we arrived and got to work cutting and hauling silage! I really don't do that much to be honest. I run errands mostly. But he did teach me how to drive the tractor atleast! And I learned how to work the bagging machine, which is quite the interesting piece of machinery! I'll have to take a picture tomorrow. I am actually enjoying the hard work (I occasionally scoop up the excess silage with a pitchfork!) and my new (farmer's) tan. But I am not enjoying the bugs and having to pee in the woods. That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger