Preparing for a natural birth

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I've been attending an amazing prenatal yoga class the last few months and it has made all the difference in my pregnancy. I LOVE this class. I leave feeling so relaxed and peaceful. Our awesome teacher usually begins class by helping us choose an intention. She usually quotes Buddha or some famous yogi to get us inspired. A few weeks ago she read this Lakota prayer and I felt so connected to it. I looked it up and finally printed it out so I could read it each day.


With each class, I usually have a mantra that I repeat to myself throughout the practice. I've collected several favorites that mean a great deal to me which I hope will be helpful during labor. I believe this prayer will be meaningful as well.

While this was intended to be said to their own Deity, this prayer relates so much to what I believe as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. "Teach me how to trust the blessings of my spirit." What a beautiful thought. Knowing my gifts and trusting those is something I need to work on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lacey Parr All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger